Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of bug juice in English:
1Whisky or other liquor, especially when of poor quality.
- The pallet of mail, or bug juice, or whatever it was, made it safely to its destination in the bright, southwest Asian sun the next day.
- Jim Broadbent is the bellowing RHPS training sergeant and Hugh Laurie the preening wing commander Gutsy, who likes his bug juice shaken not stirred.
- As the barkeeper produced a tumbler and a bottle he said, "You'll have three fingers of this bug juice and YOU'LL LOVE IT."
2A sweet, artificially colored, non-carbonated soft drink.
- Hot dogs and bug juice may be necessary to sustain life, but physical comforts are an essential ingredient to sustain emotional health.
- Remember bug juice, lumpy mattresses and letters home that began, ‘Dear Mom, come get me right now’?
- The mosquitoes, the swim races, the friendships, the bug juice, the postcards home.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.