A gopher snake of a race found on the plains and prairies of North America.
- Pituophis catenifer sayi, family Colubridae
More example sentences
- Carlos and his father keep thirty-one snakes: twenty-five rattlesnakes of various species, four eyelash vipers, a bull snake, and Dave, the cobra.
- Old-timers in parts of eastern Texas and Louisiana recall meetings with what they call the ‘bull snake’ as intimidating experiences.
- Police say burglars had broken in earlier that day, taking exotic animals and equipment worth £640, including two bull snakes, a pair of hypo geckos, two skinks and a corn snake.
Definition of bull snake in:
- The US English dictionary