Definition of bullfight in English:
A public spectacle, especially in Spain, at which a bull is baited and killed.
- No bulls are killed during the bullfights; instead, toreros show their bravery by closely engaging the animals with their ponchos, jackets, or homemade capes.
- My first idea was to breed bulls for bullfights in Spain, but then I thought: why not make wine instead?
- This out of an estimated 20,000+ bulls killed annually in bullfights throughout the country.
- Example sentences
- Then the first of three banderilleros (usually older bullfighters who form part of the matador's team) individually run towards the bull making him charge.
- Tickets prices vary considerably depending on the bullring, the bullfighters and the occasion.
- At a single gravesite in a cemetery on the northern fringe of Sevilla lie the mortal remains of three of the most successful bullfighters this century.
Words that rhyme with bullfightgunfight • firefight
Definition of bullfight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.