Definition of bullwhip in English:
A whip with a long heavy lash.
- The fictional Zorro may have defended himself with a long whip, but a bullwhip was not designed as a weapon.
- A minute and a half later, they began beating the marchers with bullwhips and nightsticks that day in 1965 on the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma.
- Two thousand campesinos fought there last year under the pacifying influence of police armed with bullwhips and tear gas.
verb (bullwhips, bullwhipping, bullwhipped)[with object] Back to top
Strike or thrash with a bullwhip: he was suspected of bullwhipping a fellow to death
More example sentences
- Honestly folks, whichever one of the yellow shirts in government is responsible for this cock-up in international relations should be dragged out onto the street and bullwhipped.
- But Shim has her revenge when she dresses the stud in bra and fishnets and has her girls bullwhip him.
- The sheriff Little Bill first proposes to settle accounts by bullwhipping the perpetrators.
Definition of bullwhip in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan