- 1.1(In SE Asia) a large detached house with more than one storey.More example sentences
- The application was for eight, two storey houses and eight bungalows organised in four clusters.
- We are anxious to have individual houses, detached bungalows or dormers.
- Users also have to differentiate between houses, bungalows, cottages and apartments.
late 17th century: from Hindi baṅglā 'belonging to Bengal', from a type of cottage built for early European settlers in Bengal.
More definitions of bungalowDefinition of bungalow in:
- The US English dictionary