1Jump forward in a crouched position: he bunny-hopped around the stage
More example sentences
- Tom was wondering how much further they had to go when Harriet bunny-hopped over the wall, landed on a bench four foot below and turned to Tom.
- Kale bunny-hopped quicker through all the puddles, coming up to the one that she was standing next to.
- What team manager Mic-E saw astounded him and he called Jake over to check out the footage: A muscle-bound skater as big as many TV strongmen, using his immense upper body to bunny-hop onto rails, off walls, and down second story drops.
1.1Move a vehicle forward jerkily: I bunny-hopped through a stop sign [with object]: he bunny-hopped the boat into the water
More example sentences
- I set up for the move, bunny hopped the boat, cranked the bars and kicked my feet out.
- We ragged, slided and bunny hopped the van for 2 stressful hours to their office to be told that a replacement van was being shipped over.
- The pilot bunny-hopped the plane down the runway.
1.2Move a bicycle forward by jumping in the air while standing on the pedals.
- At the moment I can bunny-hop up and down stairs, ride with one foot off and walk the wheel.
- You face small gates on the course which may be up to a couple of feet high and it is a choice whether you try to bunny-hop over them or dismount and lift the bike over.
- Our first day we went to a local park to work on technical skills like trackstands and bunny-hopping.
1.3 [with object] Clear (an obstacle) on a bicycle by bunny-hopping.
- Ribs bruised, this is where I start to feel it, out of the saddle climbing, picking the front wheel up over obstacles, bunny-hopping logs.
- In fact, at speeds less than 30 mph the Stab is fairly unwieldy; good luck bunny-hopping logs on a 50-pounder without a full head of steam.
- I mean, I've even stopped bunny-hopping the speed bumps into work, and they're still snapping - which I think is just unfair.
1A jump in a crouched position.
- Then an adorable little girl in a white dress who can't have been more than four or five skated out, really slowly and did a couple of bunny hops.
- Blanco attempts his trademark bunny-hop to get past two players.
- Change the relay by including different conditions such as the children must either run backwards, do bunny hops or use side steps to reach the hoop and return to the team ‘Shed’.
1.1A short jump or jerky forward movement made on a bicycle or by a vehicle.
- This is designed to make formula one more exciting, presumably by increasing our chances of watching Rubens Barrichello or Juan Pablo Montoya leaving the starting grid in a series of jerking ‘bunny-hops’.
- Master the bunny hop by learning to get your back wheel up off the ground while mountain biking.
- How do you do a bunny hop on a bike?
Definition of bunny-hop in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.