1A flat round cake of minced beef that is fried or grilled and typically served in a bread roll; a hamburger.
- There will be a grill area for burgers, hot dogs and fries as well as a pizza oven.
- Others had time to set up a small gas grill to cook some burgers and dogs.
- I lost a burger down the gap in the grill - the burgers weren't the best quality and fell apart very easily.
1.1 [with modifier] A similarly shaped food item made of a specified ingredient: a nut burger
More example sentences
- It is the main ingredient in soy burgers, ice cream, milk shakes, and fake cheese.
- I tried the new smokey bar-be-que flavour chicken fillet burger form KFC on my way home on Sunday.
- After a quick perusal of the pantry and the fridge, Dawn decided on turkey burger and fries.
1930s (originally US): abbreviation of hamburger.
Words that rhyme with burgerBerger, burgher
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bur¦ger
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.