Definition of burger in English:
1A flat round cake of minced beef that is fried or grilled and typically served in a bread roll; a hamburger.
- There will be a grill area for burgers, hot dogs and fries as well as a pizza oven.
- Others had time to set up a small gas grill to cook some burgers and dogs.
- I lost a burger down the gap in the grill - the burgers weren't the best quality and fell apart very easily.
1.1 [with modifier] A similarly shaped food item made of a specified ingredient: a nut burger
More example sentences
- It is the main ingredient in soy burgers, ice cream, milk shakes, and fake cheese.
- I tried the new smokey bar-be-que flavour chicken fillet burger form KFC on my way home on Sunday.
- After a quick perusal of the pantry and the fridge, Dawn decided on turkey burger and fries.
1930s (originally US): abbreviation of hamburger.
Words that rhyme with burgerBerger, burgher
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.