- 1A flat round cake of minced beef that is fried or grilled and typically served in a bread roll; a hamburger.More example sentences
- There will be a grill area for burgers, hot dogs and fries as well as a pizza oven.
- Others had time to set up a small gas grill to cook some burgers and dogs.
- I lost a burger down the gap in the grill - the burgers weren't the best quality and fell apart very easily.
- 1.1 [with modifier] A similarly shaped food item made of a specified ingredient: a nut burgerMore example sentences
- It is the main ingredient in soy burgers, ice cream, milk shakes, and fake cheese.
- I tried the new smokey bar-be-que flavour chicken fillet burger form KFC on my way home on Sunday.
- After a quick perusal of the pantry and the fridge, Dawn decided on turkey burger and fries.
1930s (originally US): abbreviation of hamburger.
More definitions of burgerDefinition of burger in:
- The US English dictionary