- A semi-soft white Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream: the menu includes burrata served with charred cherry tomatoes and toasted garlic crostiniMore example sentences
- Two of my dining companions opted for the burrata with heirloom tomatoes, which was out of this world.
- If you cannot find burrata cheese you can substitute fresh mozzarella instead.
- Caponata is delicious served as a sharing dish or you could try matching it up with mozzarella or creamy burrata.
Italian, literally 'buttered'.
More definitions of burrataDefinition of burrata in:
- The US English dictionary