1A region in the hot dry north-east of South Africa and adjoining countries.
- The children were mesmerised with how unique, in the context of world resorts, this one in the Bushveld of South Africa's north-west province was.
- The Bushveld, the Great Dyke, and Tellnes are places where such deposits are exploited.
- Later, in 1937, he also discovered and developed huge chrome deposits associated with the platinum ore at Wintersveld in the Bushveld.
1.1 [mass noun] The type of vegetation of the Bushveld, dominated by low-growing thorn trees and bush.
- A tough palate and lots of viscous saliva enables giraffes to digest acacia thorns with ease, hence their wide distribution in savannah and thick bushveld in sub-Sahara Africa.
- Scott said the industry had picked up in the past 10 years in the province, which boasts different habitats, from rain forest to valley bushveld.
- The trees are tall, the gardens are beautiful, and the atmosphere feels almost bushveld, with the surrounding suburbs not always visible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.