noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A colourless gaseous hydrocarbon made by catalytic dehydrogenation of butane. It is used in the manufacture of synthetic rubber.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH2CHCHCH2
- Diene elastomers have structures based on the molecules butadiene, isoprene, and/or their derivatives or copolymers.
- Athletic shoes can contain several petrochemical polymers in their soles and uppers: butadiene, polyurethane, polyethylene, and nylon, to name a few.
- Buna S was a copolymer of butadiene and styrene; Buna N used butadiene and acrylonitrile as copolymers.
More definitions of butadieneDefinition of butadiene in:
- The US English dictionary