- A class of lettuce varieties having soft leaves that grow in a loose head and are said to have the flavour of butter.More example sentences
- Judging by the deep colour of its leaves, Neva's green leaf, red leaf and butterhead lettuces would pack more nutrients than its bleach blond counterparts.
- A curly lettuce is a new Dutch cross between crisphead and butterhead lettuce and marketed in Europe.
- Buttercrunch produces larger heads than most butterhead lettuce and is very tolerant of heat.
More definitions of butterhead lettuceDefinition of butterhead lettuce in:
- The US English dictionary