Definition of buzzer in English:
An electrical device that makes a buzzing noise and is used for signalling.
- The children learnt a lot of interesting things and were able to put their learning into practice as they busied themselves into putting electrical circuits together and making light bulbs glow and buzzers buzz!
- I couldn't swear to it, what with scissors snipping and buzzers buzzing, but I think the young lad was asking his dad why you still needed a haircut when you were going bald.
- Many business people just could not afford armed security personnel, so many settled for cheap electronic buzzers.
at the buzzer
- North American At the end of a game or period of play.Example sentences
- The team, which kept the ball because of the intentional foul, then missed a shot at the buzzer and St. V. won in overtime.
- As Jason put in the three pointer at the buzzer, he won the game for his team, and his wife.
- Or do you risk your opponent heaving a long pass from the baseline after a made free throw and making a game-tying 3-pointer at the buzzer?
Words that rhyme with buzzerbattlecruiser
Definition of buzzer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan