- 1A line in a newspaper naming the writer of an article: his byline appeared in the first issueMore example sentences
- We also think today's newspaper requires more than bylines.
- Impressed by media since her childhood, she fancied to work with a TV channel or get her bylines published in newspapers.
- What does the byline on a newspaper story signify?
- 2 (also byeline) (Chiefly in soccer) the part of the goal line to either side of the goal.More example sentences
- In one move last week, he was cornered close to the byeline by two Bolton defenders as a high pass was floated towards him.
- McManus raced to the byeline and cut back this time across the face of the goal.
- He makes a dash for the byline but is dispossessed before he can get a cross in.
More definitions of bylineDefinition of byline in:
- The US English dictionary