Definition of byline in English:
1A line in a newspaper naming the writer of an article: his byline appeared in the first issue
More example sentences
- We also think today's newspaper requires more than bylines.
- Impressed by media since her childhood, she fancied to work with a TV channel or get her bylines published in newspapers.
- What does the byline on a newspaper story signify?
2 (also byeline) (Chiefly in soccer) the part of the goal line to either side of the goal.
- In one move last week, he was cornered close to the byeline by two Bolton defenders as a high pass was floated towards him.
- McManus raced to the byeline and cut back this time across the face of the goal.
- He makes a dash for the byline but is dispossessed before he can get a cross in.
Words that rhyme with bylineskyline
Definition of byline in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan