nounchiefly • historical
- A boy employed to wait on a ship’s officers or passengers.More example sentences
- Accordingly, every crew member, from the first mate to the cabin boy, wait tensely, ready to jump and pull and climb at the slightest hint of wind.
- I was wondering if there was anyway that I could be employed as a cabin boy of some sort for one of the ships docked here.
- At twelve years of age, Verne ran off to be a cabin boy on a merchant ship, thinking he was going to have an adventure.
More definitions of cabin boyDefinition of cabin boy in:
- The US English dictionary