- 1A bright yellow pigment containing cadmium sulphide. Deeper versions are called cadmium orange; the addition of cadmium selenide gives cadmium red.More example sentences
- There are permanent greens, yellow ocher, cadmium orange, ultramarine blue and bright yellow - to name a few from memory.
- He recites the five light-saturated, monochromatic, proscenium-sized drops like a mantra: ‘Cadmium light red, burnt sienna, cadmium yellow, deep blue, and cadmium red.’
- Methodical studies in a sketchbook show the results of stumbling various colors over a dark red composed of cadmium red and umber.
- 1.1A bright yellow colour.More example sentences
- A shock of red feathers rims the beak like a bonnet, and one of the chicks had a splotch of cadmium yellow on its head.
More definitions of cadmium yellowDefinition of cadmium yellow in:
- The US English dictionary