noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the caecum.More example sentences
- Saccharomyces boulardii, a nonpathogenic yeast, was found to be effective in preventing clindamycin cecitis recurrence in an animal model.
- Signs and symptoms of caecitis include a distended abdomen, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and tenderness, and diarrhea.
- The infection leads to varying degrees of caecitis, the lesions of which are apparent in animals killed on or about the sixth day post-infection.
More definitions of caecitisDefinition of caecitis in:
- The US English dictionary