Definition of cage diving in English:
The activity of being lowered into the sea in a protective steel cage in order to view sharks or other dangerous sea creatures at close range: an environmental scientist has warned that cage diving is teaching the sharks to associate humans with food
More example sentences
- Does cage diving hurt the sharks?
- "Live shark tourism manipulates people's fears, and cage diving is intended to give nothing but titillation."
- The use of chum (bait) to attract sharks makes sightings likely enough to ensure the commercial viability of cage diving.
cage diver noun
- Example sentences
- Our boat is equipped to easily handle 12 or more cage divers and 6 topside viewers in comfort.
- It has ample accommodation for the Scuba Diver as well as the Shark Cage Diver.
- Very few incidents have been reported where a cage diver has been at risk from a shark attack - this is not the issue.
Definition of cage diving in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan