Definition of calcify in English:
verb (calcifies, calcifying, calcified)[with object] (usually as adjective calcified)
Harden by deposition of or conversion into calcium carbonate or some other insoluble calcium compounds: calcified cartilage
More example sentences
- A laser beam that has a very shallow penetration depth and will perforate calcified plaque is the excimer laser.
- The well-defined zone of tendon, fibrocartilage, calcified cartilage, and bone had not been re-established.
- The scales may remain unmineralized, and consist primarily of carbohydrates, or they may be calcified; silica plates are rare.
- Example sentences
- Microscopy of the MAC revealed amorphous basophilic calcific debris intimately associated with clusters of grampositive cocci, consistent with Staphylococcus infection.
- A characteristic histologie pattern called zouation7 has been described in calcifying aponeurotic fibroma, where calcific areas are surrounded by hyalinized collagenous foci, which in turn are palisaded by plump fibroblasts.
- Histology revealed that the Achilles tendon of all patients showed fibrocartilaginous or calcifying degeneration close to the area of calcific tendinopathy.
- Example sentences
- Globular calcification or rim of calcification has been noted 56% of the time.
- An early phenotypic alteration in these mice is a cardiomyopathy with calcification and altered mitochondrial appearance.
- The mass had a pink, shiny, and slightly lobulated cut surface with focal, punctate, light yellow calcifications and irregular, white, fibrous streaks.
Definition of calcify in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan