noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A protein which binds calcium and is involved in regulating a variety of activities in cells.More example sentences
- As examples, we have probed yeast proteome chips with calmodulin and six different phospholipids.
- One of the subunits of this enzyme is the ubiquitous protein, calmodulin.
- These mechanisms include allosteric regulation, regulation by reversible covalent modification and regulation by control proteins such as calmodulin.
1970s: from cal(cium) + modul(ate) + -in1.
More definitions of calmodulinDefinition of calmodulin in:
- The US English dictionary