noun (plural calzoni or calzones)
- A type of pizza that is folded in half before cooking to contain a filling.More example sentences
- Moon River Pizza also serves calzones, salads and breadsticks and has a beer and wine license.
- In addition to an array of pastas, they have pizza, calzones, strombolis and a variety of veal, chicken and seafood dishes.
- Small, individual-sized calzoni are made by folding circles of dough in half over the filling.
Italian dialect, probably a special use of calzone 'trouser leg', with reference to the shape of the pizza.
More definitions of calzoneDefinition of calzone in:
- The US English dictionary