(also camel's hair)
- 1A fabric made from the hair of a camel: [as modifier]: a camel-hair coatMore example sentences
- All the designs come in materials ranging from camel hair, grain lambskin and flannel to wool and cashmere.
- He managed a thank you and split, passing through an eternity of camel-hair coats and herring bone patterns and big wide polka-dot ties.
- During those brief months, I developed an appreciation of the artistry with which he approached his work and a deep respect for the care he lavished on each pile of camel hair or alpaca that passed under his mechanized needle.
- 2 [usually as modifier] Fine, soft hair from a squirrel’s tail, used in artists' brushes: a camel-hair brushMore example sentences
- May I suggest a scroll of parchment inscribed with ink using a fine camel-hair brush, delivered to me by a caravan train of nomads riding a pace of finely groomed donkeys?
- The lithography tool of choice in the late 1950s was a camel-hair brush that operators used to paint wax gates.
- He may not be Harrison Ford, but neither is he a stereotypical academic spending his life kneeling in a trench with a camel-hair brush.
More definitions of camel hairDefinition of camel hair in:
- The US English dictionary