- Either of two spiny leguminous shrubs occurring in arid country.
More example sentences
- Alhagi camelorum (of the Middle East) and Acacia giraffae (of southern Africa), family Leguminosae
- One afternoon, I spotted a starving old lioness lying in the sparse shade of a camel thorn tree near the water hole.
- Well-established camel thorn trees are of the most drought resistant trees we have.
- A cape cobra thrusts its yellow head out of a nest in a camel thorn tree, its jaws clenched around two screaming chicks.