- An instrument in which rays of light are reflected by a prism to produce an image on a sheet of paper, from which a drawing can be made.More example sentences
- The drawings were made on a homogeneous paper using a camera lucida fitted on a stereomicroscope.
- Due to the minute size of the flowers, they were dissected and then drawn with the aid of an Olympus stereomicroscope equipped with a camera lucida, and measurements were then made from the drawings for greater precision.
- Wing venation and vein width were drawn alter direct observation of fossil surfaces with a stereomicroscope and a camera lucida, under both dry conditions and submergence under alcohol.
mid 18th century: from Latin, 'bright chamber', on the pattern of camera obscura.
More definitions of camera lucidaDefinition of camera lucida in:
- The US English dictionary