- The SI unit of luminous intensity. One candela is the luminous intensity, in a given direction, of a source that emits monochromatic radiation of frequency 540 × 1012 Hz and that has a radiant intensity in that direction of 1/ 683 watt per steradian.More example sentences
- SI (Système Internationale d' Unites) uses seven different fundamental units, the meter, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, candela, and mole.
- We have a 15-inch demo and a 50-inch demo, and have achieved 600 candelas per square meter generating 1 millimetre sized pixels.
- According to the spec sheet, the FP231W is supposed to deliver about 250 candelas / square-meter of brightness.
1950s: from Latin, 'candle'.
More definitions of candelaDefinition of candela in:
- The US English dictionary