Definition of cannelloni in English:
1Rolls of pasta stuffed with a meat or vegetable mixture.
- The cannelloni with it were stuffed with barley, an interesting failure.
- The cannelloni stuffed with ricotta and spinach exhibited more neatness and care: three satiny rolls anointed with contrasting ribbons of its white and red sauces, beautifully presented nut brown and gratinated on a sizzling plate.
- Roll up the ham slices like little cannelloni and spoon over some of the vinaigrette.
1.1 [mass noun] An Italian dish consisting of cannelloni cooked in a cheese sauce.
- My favorite of the pastas was the veal cannelloni, dual torpedo tubes of ground veal, congealed in a creamy mushroom sauce, with flakes of Parmesan sprinkled on top.
- The Italian presence has resulted in a great popularity for pasta dishes such as spaghetti, lasagna, cannelloni, and ravioli.
- Unfortunately I also had the cannelloni which was not as nice.
Italian, literally 'large tubes', from cannello 'tube'.
Definition of cannelloni in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia