- Ecclesiastical law, especially (in the Roman Catholic Church) that laid down by papal pronouncements.More example sentences
- The Church has centuries of canon law - canon law which the American bishops did not use - specifically designed to deal with such offenses.
- He also repairs the historical amnesia of the document through a detailed review of theology, canon law, and papal pronouncements on slavery over the centuries.
- Within the Church of England canon law had, until 1969, allowed for the use of exorcism, provided that permission was obtained from the diocesan bishop.
More definitions of canon lawDefinition of canon law in:
- The US English dictionary