- Natural rubber that has not been vulcanized.More example sentences
- The inflation process is also well-illustrated, ‘The balloon is composed of silk, varnished with the liquid gum caoutchouc.’
- Caoutchouc, as it exudes from the trees, is a milk-like emulsion, wherein globules of caoutchouc proper are suspended in a gummy solution.
- By adding a concentrated acid, the conversion of isoprene into caoutchouc artificiel, or artificial rubber, was speeded up a lot.
late 18th century: from French, from obsolete Spanish cauchuc, from Quechua kauchuk.
More definitions of caoutchoucDefinition of caoutchouc in:
- The US English dictionary