- The legally authorized killing of someone as punishment for a crime: the abolition of capital punishmentMore example sentences
- The fact that the International Covenant sanctions capital punishment must be seen in this context.
- That cost is not difficult to justify where capital punishment is the penalty for first-degree murder.
- The punishment was capital punishment and all of this was done to teach them a lesson.
More definitions of capital punishmentDefinition of capital punishment in:
- The US English dictionary