- A lump sum of money payable to an insured person or paid as an initial fee or investment: an endowment policy pays a capital sum to the insured at a specified time in the future, or on death if earlierMore example sentences
- However, with brisk competition they may be required to pay a capital sum which is a premium on top of that rent.
- The cash generated from the upcoming ten-year debenture ticket sales for the Cusack Stand in 2005 and for the Canal End in 2010 has already been earmarked to pay off the capital sum on the debt.
- And the lower the annuity rate is, the bigger the capital sum that has to be built up in a pension fund for a given level of pension.
More definitions of capital sumDefinition of capital sum in:
- The US English dictionary