Definition of capitalization in English:
1 Finance The provision of capital for a company, or the conversion of income or assets into capital.
- Most important is the idea that the value of an asset is the capitalization of the stream of future services expected to be thrown off by the asset.
- The second method makes use of the capitalization of annual income earned from British financial and real investment abroad.
- In a listed company, brand equity is determined by the difference between net asset value and market capitalization.
2The action of writing or printing in capital letters or with an initial capital.
- Specifically, if the capitalization of the initial letter of nouns serves as a cue for word class, it should affect structural extraction and thereby the missing-letter effect.
- An irregular capitalization of the initial letter is assumed to activate wrong lexical units and therefore slows down word identification.
- The capitalization reduces the top inscription to its barest signification, equating Morrison's name directly with her prize.
Definition of capitalization in:
- US English dictionary