Definition of capitalization in English:
1 Finance The provision of capital for a company, or the conversion of income or assets into capital.
- Most important is the idea that the value of an asset is the capitalization of the stream of future services expected to be thrown off by the asset.
- The second method makes use of the capitalization of annual income earned from British financial and real investment abroad.
- Industry sources said the startup will hire as many as 100 people and have an initial capitalization of $3540 million.
2The action of writing or printing in capital letters or with an initial capital.
- Specifically, if the capitalization of the initial letter of nouns serves as a cue for word class, it should affect structural extraction and thereby the missing-letter effect.
- An irregular capitalization of the initial letter is assumed to activate wrong lexical units and therefore slows down word identification.
- The capitalization reduces the top inscription to its barest signification, equating Morrison's name directly with her prize.
Definition of capitalization in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan