noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A liquid fatty acid present in milk fat and coconut and palm oils.
- Alternative name: hexanoic acid; chemical formula: CH3(CH2)4COOH
More example sentences
- Antifibrinolytic agents such as aprotinin and epsilon amino caproic acid have been used to reduce blood loss after cardiac surgery in children.
- To achieve this, amino caproic acid was incorporated for the first time into the pollen germination medium.
- The thiourea group that links the chromophore to the caproic acid is shown to modulate the emission properties of the FITC-ACA.
mid 19th century: caproic from Latin caper, capr- 'goat' (because of its smell) + -ic.
Definition of caproic acid in:
- The US English dictionary