- A material consisting of thin, strong crystalline filaments of carbon, used as a strengthening material, especially in resins and ceramics: [as modifier]: a carbon-fibre brake discMore example sentences
- Weight for weight, carbon fibre reinforced epoxy resin is five times stiffer than any metal, yet much lighter.
- Its 24-horsepower engine, similar to those used on microlights, enables wings made of Kevlar, carbon fibre and epoxy resin to beat up and down.
- Plastic knives, carbon-fiber knives, ceramic knives and chipped obsidian knives - which, when made correctly, have a sharper edge than surgical steel - have very faint magnetometer signatures.
More definitions of carbon fibreDefinition of carbon fibre in:
- The US English dictionary