- The amount of carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere as a result of the activities of a particular individual, organization, or community.More example sentences
- Reducing our carbon footprint would mean giving up, not merely our SUVs, but many of the little things Americans enjoy.
- There will be significant planning issues but we are determined to reduce our carbon footprint.
- In the U.K., the CarbonNeutral Company works with banks and building societies to offer a carbon-neutral mortgage, which provides for the planting of enough trees to cover the carbon footprint of the home and lifestyle of its occupants.
More definitions of carbon footprintDefinition of carbon footprint in:
- The US English dictionary