- A very weak acid formed in solution when carbon dioxide dissolves in water.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: H2CO3
- Finally, if ammonium carbonate is placed in water, the weak base ammonium carbonate and weak acid carbonic acid are produced.
- In limestone caves, the main source of this acidity is carbon dioxide dissolved to form weak carbonic acid in meteoric waters, although sulphuric acid may be important in thermal waters.
- Initially, the ammonia and carbon dioxide reacts with water to form the weak electrolytes, ammonium hydroxide and carbonic acid.
More definitions of carbonic acidDefinition of carbonic acid in:
- The US English dictionary