Definition of carboxylate in English:
A salt or ester of a carboxylic acid.
- Alkaline earth metal ions more readily bind ‘hard’ ligands such as phosphates, carboxylates, and hydroxyl groups.
- What is more, the indicator has two proton-binding sites: the oxyanion of the xanthene ring and the carboxylate of the benzene as independent sites, which can also exchange protons among themselves.
- Such a low pH value suggests that at higher pH the protonation of a carboxylate, forming a hydrogen bond, would break this interaction leading to a destabilization and a change in the heme pocket crucial to catalysis.
verb[with object] Back to top
Add a carboxyl group to (a compound): (as adjective carboxylated) carboxylated polysaccharides
More example sentences
- It is suggested that mitochondrial pyruvate is partly oxidized by the TCA cycle and is partly exported to the cytoplasm where it is carboxylated to form malate 1-for continued export to the apoplast.
- Depending on ratios of CO 2 to O 2 at binding sites of ribulose bisphosphate carboxylase, ribulose bisphosphate is either carboxylated or oxygenated.
- As the name of the enzyme implies, pyruvate is carboxylated to form oxaloacetate.
- Example sentences
- Rubisco must be activated to catalyse the carboxylation and oxygenation reactions.
- Thus, malate produced following PEP carboxylation is readily decarboxylated and the CO 2 released.
- Besides requiring vitamin K, these extrinsic factors need carbon dioxide and oxygen for carboxylation.
Definition of carboxylate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan