Definition of carcinogenic in English:
Having the potential to cause cancer.
- There aren't a lot of good in vitro methods to predict carcinogenic potential.
- Airline pilots are occupationally exposed to cosmic radiation and other potentially carcinogenic elements.
- At least 60 of the chemicals in a puff of smoke are carcinogenic, meaning they may cause cancer.
- Example sentences
- Early reports suggesting an increased risk of carcinogenicity, especially lymphoma, have not been borne out in subsequent studies.
- Teratogenicity and carcinogenicity can result from biochemical toxicity.
- Arsenic is a known human carcinogen in adults, yet its carcinogenicity in children remains uninvestigated.
Definition of carcinogenic in:
- US English dictionary