Definition of cardiac in English:
1Relating to the heart.
- He survived a near fatal heart attack and subsequent cardiac surgery, only to succumb to motor neurone disease.
- New labeling information includes: post-marketing reports of heart attacks, sudden cardiac deaths, and hypertension.
- For example, after a heart attack or cardiac surgery, minor muscular chest aches and pains may be misinterpreted as evidence of angina, leading to unnecessary worry and disability.
2Relating to the part of the stomach nearest the oesophagus.
- ‘Piles’ of the cardiac orifice of the stomach from obstruction to the portal system may produce hemoptysis.
- Compared to cancer of the distal stomach, cardiac cancer carries an even worse prognosis.
- Proximal stomach tumors of the cardiac region have actually increased in incidence in recent years.
nouninformal Back to top
Definition of cardiac in:
- US English dictionary