Free from anxiety or responsibility: we were young and carefree the carefree days of the holidays
More example sentences
- I'd watched the small children splash around in the sea, so carefree and free from responsibility.
- The summer is generally associated with being a bright, happy and carefree time of year.
- Who grew up from being a carefree and fun-loving girl to be the matron of female infanticide.
unworried, untroubled, blithe, airy, nonchalant, insouciant, happy-go-lucky, free and easy, easy-going, blasé, devil-may-care, casual, relaxed, serene;
informal upbeat, laid back
- Example sentences
- It has definitely helped me to be a better individual, I have developed the strange innocence and carefreeness of a child.
- If you dance in the rain and think about catching a cold, you're completely ruining the beauty and the carefreeness of it.
- The youth, the loyal family, the carefreeness, the beauty, the presidency itself are lost illusions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.