- (Of bones or teeth) decayed.More example sentences
- Treatment includes an oral examination, cleaning, topical fluoride application, restoration of carious teeth, pulp therapy, and, when necessary, tooth extraction.
- Practitioners were skilled in restoring carious teeth with gold and replacing missing teeth with false ones.
- Discoloration of a single tooth is usually because the tooth is non-vital, heavily filled, or carious.
mid 16th century: from Latin cariosus (see caries).
More definitions of cariousDefinition of carious in:
- The US English dictionary