Definition of carminative in English:
(Chiefly of a drug) relieving flatulence.
- Indian long pepper is a traditional Ayurvedic herb that has long been used for its anthelmintic and carminative actions.
- Its carminative action helps relieve wind and spasm in the bowel, and its gentle action is particularly suited for children and those with delicate stomachs.
- Mixing of half teaspoonful of dry ginger powder in a glass of buttermilk adds to its digestive and carminative properties.
nounBack to top
A drug that relieves flatulence.
- For occasional indigestion, look for herbs, from three categories: bitters, carminatives and cholagogues.
- Another important component of leaky gut syndrome treatment is the use of bitters and carminatives.
- Less common applications include muscular and uterine cramping, nervous headache, and as a gastrointestinal carminative.
Definition of carminative in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India