(Chiefly of a drug) relieving flatulence.
- Indian long pepper is a traditional Ayurvedic herb that has long been used for its anthelmintic and carminative actions.
- Its carminative action helps relieve wind and spasm in the bowel, and its gentle action is particularly suited for children and those with delicate stomachs.
- Mixing of half teaspoonful of dry ginger powder in a glass of buttermilk adds to its digestive and carminative properties.
A drug that relieves flatulence.
- For occasional indigestion, look for herbs, from three categories: bitters, carminatives and cholagogues.
- Another important component of leaky gut syndrome treatment is the use of bitters and carminatives.
- Less common applications include muscular and uterine cramping, nervous headache, and as a gastrointestinal carminative.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: car¦mina|tive
Definition of carminative in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.