- (Chiefly of a drug) relieving flatulence.More example sentences
- Indian long pepper is a traditional Ayurvedic herb that has long been used for its anthelmintic and carminative actions.
- Its carminative action helps relieve wind and spasm in the bowel, and its gentle action is particularly suited for children and those with delicate stomachs.
- Mixing of half teaspoonful of dry ginger powder in a glass of buttermilk adds to its digestive and carminative properties.
nounBack to top
- A drug that relieves flatulence.More example sentences
- For occasional indigestion, look for herbs, from three categories: bitters, carminatives and cholagogues.
- Another important component of leaky gut syndrome treatment is the use of bitters and carminatives.
- Less common applications include muscular and uterine cramping, nervous headache, and as a gastrointestinal carminative.
late Middle English: from Old French carminatif, -ive, or medieval Latin carminat- 'healed (by incantation)', from the verb carminare, from Latin carmen (see charm).
More definitions of carminativeDefinition of carminative in:
- The US English dictionary