Definition of carnivore in English:
1.1 Zoology A mammal of the order Carnivora.
- Most drumming mammals are rodents, but drumming has also been described in carnivores, deer, rabbits, elephant shrews and marsupials.
- Fish owls, jungle cats, civets (a carnivore related to the mongoose), and even house cats are reported to eat them.
- Spotted hyenas are gregarious carnivores that live in social groups, called clans, composed of multiple matrilines of adult females and their offspring, as well as one or more adult immigrant males.
1.2 informal A person who is not a vegetarian.
- It is possible for carnivores to eat vegetarian food without any side effects.
- Does the hands-on father who cooks for three vegetarians and three carnivores feel his upbringing is paying off?
- I used to love rotisserie, but I think I overdid it when I converted from a vegetarian back to a carnivore.
Definition of carnivore in:
- US English dictionary