- Relating to the bones forming the human carpus (wrist), or to their equivalent in an animal’s forelimb.More example sentences
- Chiropractors treat ‘Carpal Tunnel Syndrome ‘with the adjustment of the wrist to align the carpal bones back into their proper place.’
- There are eight carpal bones in the wrist, five metacarpals, and 14 nonsesamoid bones that comprise the phalanges.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when tissues and ligaments in the carpal tunnel of the wrist become thickened, swollen or inflamed and put excessive pressure on the median nerve, which passes through the tunnel.
nounBack to top
- Any of the carpal bones.More example sentences
- You have a slight fracture in your lower left arm as well as sprained meta carpals and carpals.
- The transverse carpal (Karpos is a wrist in Greek) ligament keeps the tendons of the long bending muscles of the fingers and the median nerve from breaking free from the wrist bones.
- Therefore, one or more unpreserved carpals were probably present, as has been previously suggested.
More definitions of carpalDefinition of carpal in:
- The US English dictionary