- A painful condition of the hand and fingers caused by compression of a major nerve where it passes over the carpal bones through a passage at the front of the wrist. It may be caused by continual repetitive movements or by fluid retention.More example sentences
- Patients with carpal tunnel syndrome should avoid repetitive wrist and hand motions that may exacerbate symptoms or make symptom relief difficult to achieve.
- Overuse of the hands can lead to three main complications: aggravation of existing arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis.
- The breathing and relaxation methods used in yoga might help you if you have asthma, carpal tunnel syndrome, osteoarthritis or memory problems.
More definitions of carpal tunnel syndromeDefinition of carpal tunnel syndrome in:
- The US English dictionary