- 1(In a flower) an elongated axis that raises the stem of the pistil above the stamens.More example sentences
- For this reason, new cultures were obtained from carpophores collected in several geographical regions of Santa Catarina State.
- Analyses of the ripeness degree of S. sapinea carpophores collected in April, May, June, July and October in the Prklog and Marina plantations showed that they were ripe in all these months.
- The cap colour of L. albostipitatum is generally vivid orange and changes to a dull light brown in dried carpophores.
late 19th century: from Greek karpos 'fruit' + -phore.
More definitions of carpophoreDefinition of carpophore in:
- The US English dictionary