- A mollusc of warm seas which camouflages itself by cementing shell fragments and pebbles to its shell.
More example sentences
- Family Xenophoridae, class Gastropoda: Xenophora and other genera
- Right, a similar carrier shell shows numerous small shells cemented in place around the edges of each whorl.
- In this case, it is assumed the sponge does the attaching rather than the carrier shell, although this is by no means certain.
- Later I found myself in a veritable colony of carrier shells, Xenophora conchyliophora, each sporting a little green garden on its back.