Definition of cartridge in English:
1A container holding a spool of photographic film, a quantity of ink, etc., designed for insertion into a mechanism.
- Super8 film cartridges are available from good photographic stores for about £12 which thankfully includes processing.
- Cassette doors can break off, spring mechanisms inside cartridges can be dislodged, or the entire tape cabinet may break apart.
- The packaging apparatus is relatively simple in structure because it has no mechanisms for rotating the film cartridge and the case.
1.1A casing containing a charge and a bullet or shot for small arms or an explosive charge for blasting.
- Among the ammunition were shotgun cartridges and dum-dum bullets.
- She said authorities also found in the car automatic rifles, bullet cartridges, plastic explosives and other materials.
- The hand gun carried by the first man was a Webley revolver adapted to fire shot gun cartridges.
Late 16th century: from French cartouche (feminine noun), from Italian cartoccio (see cartouche).
Words that rhyme with cartridgepartridge
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.