1A container holding a spool of photographic film, a quantity of ink, etc., designed for insertion into a mechanism.
- Super8 film cartridges are available from good photographic stores for about £12 which thankfully includes processing.
- Cassette doors can break off, spring mechanisms inside cartridges can be dislodged, or the entire tape cabinet may break apart.
- The packaging apparatus is relatively simple in structure because it has no mechanisms for rotating the film cartridge and the case.
1.1A casing containing a charge and a bullet or shot for small arms or an explosive charge for blasting.
- Among the ammunition were shotgun cartridges and dum-dum bullets.
- She said authorities also found in the car automatic rifles, bullet cartridges, plastic explosives and other materials.
- The hand gun carried by the first man was a Webley revolver adapted to fire shot gun cartridges.
Late 16th century: from French cartouche (feminine noun), from Italian cartoccio (see cartouche).
Words that rhyme with cartridgepartridge
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cart|ridge
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.