- Relating to or denoting plants of the pink family (Caryophyllaceae).More example sentences
- In North America the beetle's diet is primarily restricted to caryophyllaceous species.
- S. longipes is a weedy, caryophyllaceous species, where stem elongation has been found to primarily involve cell elongation.
- KASUMI SO is a member of the caryophyllaceous family.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin Caryophyllaceae (plural), based on Greek karuophullon 'clove pink', + -ous.
More definitions of caryophyllaceousDefinition of caryophyllaceous in:
- The US English dictionary