- (In Freudian theory) an unconscious anxiety arising during psychosexual development, represented in males as a fear that the penis will be removed by the father in response to sexual interest in the mother, and in females as a compulsion to demonstrate that they have an adequate symbolic equivalent to the penis, whose absence is blamed on the mother.More example sentences
- She crystallizes the paradox of ‘the traumatic moment’ of desire's birth - the castration complex, because she represents sexual difference.
- Access to language comes about through the castration complex and the recognition of sexual difference.
- It's really only an unresolved castration complex.
More definitions of castration complexDefinition of castration complex in:
- The US English dictionary