noun (plural catalogues raisonnés pronunc. same)
- A descriptive catalogue of works of art with explanations and scholarly comments.More example sentences
- He devoted much of his retirement to assisting César de Hauke with a catalogue raisonné of Seurat's work, eventually published in two volumes in 1961.
- Since her first etchings of nursery rhymes appeared in 1989, she has been so productive in the print studio that a new catalogue raisonné has just been devoted to her graphic art.
- This book, a catalogue raisonné of this enterprising print publisher, tells a short but glittering tale.
late 18th century: French, 'explained catalogue'.
More definitions of catalogue raisonnéDefinition of catalogue raisonné in:
- The US English dictionary