- The acceleration of a chemical reaction by a catalyst.More example sentences
- Amides are hydrolysed to ammonium salts with catalysis by acids or alkalis.
- One area where ionic liquids promise to make a big impact is in homogeneous catalysis, where the catalyst is typically dissolved in solution along with the reactants.
- After polymerisation using heat, light, radiation or catalysis, a range of strong thermosetting plastics can be produced.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin, from Greek katalusis, from kataluein 'dissolve', from kata- 'down' + luein 'loosen'.
More definitions of catalysisDefinition of catalysis in:
- The US English dictionary